Hey! I am Christian Rodriguez and I am a 3D artist specializing in Character FX & Grooming. My skills involve cloth simulation, hair simulation, cloth tailoring, grooming and simulation set-up.
I graduated from Savannah College of Art & Design with a BFA in Visual Effects. While at SCAD I took classes in both animation and visual effects which allowed me to learn different aspects of the pipelines for 3D animation and for live action. I love learning new skills and expanding my knowledge of the skills I currently have! I also love collaborative environments and working with others to problem solve issues with creative solutions!
- Worked on Technical Animation for "Encanto"
- Mentored by two fellow artists working on "Encanto"
- Currently working on Technical Animation on Disney Plus short series "Baymax!"
- Technical animation includes; cloth and hair simulation, and shot sculpting
- 3 month trainee program with Walt Disney Animation Studio's Character TD department
- Trained in Rigging, Simulation Set-Up, and Technical Animation
- 1 on 1 mentorship throughout the training process
- Selected for Pixar Technical Direction Internship, but the internship was cancelled due to COVID-19.
- The internship became a mentorship program, held over Zoom and Slack.
- The other 8 mentees and myself decided to remotely work on a short film together. The Pixar employees provided mentorship on this film
- Worked on a personal project under the guidance of two Pixar employees
Participated in Zoom lecture learning opportunities