Hey! My name's Christian Rodriguez and I am a 3D artist specializing in Character Effects. This involves cloth simulation, hair simulation, cloth tailoring, grooming and simulation set-up.
I graduated from Savannah College of Art & Design with a BFA in Visual Effects. While at SCAD I took classes in both animation and visual effects which allowed me to learn different aspects of the pipelines for 3D animation and for live action. I love learning new skills and expanding my knowledge of the skills I currently have! I also love collaborative environments and working with others to problem solve issues with creative solutions!
Trainee: (January 2021 - March 2021)
- 3 month trainee program with Walt Disney Animation Studio's Character TD department.
- Trained in Rigging, Simulation Set-Up, and Technical Animation.
- 1 on 1 mentorship throughout the training process.
Apprentice: (April 2021 - December 2021)
- Worked on Technical Animation for "Encanto" and Disney Plus short series "Baymax!".
- Mentored by two fellow artists working on "Encanto".
- Technical animation includes; cloth and hair simulation, and shot sculpting.
- Selected for Pixar Undergraduate Program Internship, but the official internship was cancelled due to COVID-19.
- Completed short film 'Upside' with other 8 mentees, and given mentorship by Pixar employees.
- Worked on a personal project under the guidance of two Pixar employees.